Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What A Girl


At bedtime tonight I instructed Brynn & Tori to get their pajamas on & do all the things they need to do before bed, (brush teeth, say their prayers, etc) then to quietly get in their own beds & wait for me & I would come & tell them a story after putting Jadie to sleep. They know that when they are not obedient they do not get a story. SO...as I was putting Jadie to sleep I could hear that they had forgoten these instructions. When I went downstairs I found that they got the pajamas on & that was as far as they got, so I told them I was sad to say that they would not be able to have a story. As I tucked Brynn into bed she said, "I wish you would have said that a little nicer Mom, like this: "Oh, no stories tonight girls…just a song,” (in a sweet little high pitch voice.) Then she sang a little made up song that went like this… “dadada…self controoool, you need to have a little self controoool!” I busted up laughing at that girl! The other day she was asking all sorts of questions & one of them was, "what does self control mean?" I explained it as being calm, not getting all grumpy or freaked out even if you feel like it. You don't have to explain things more than once to that girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny girl! She cracks me up!

Mandy said...

Girl she is funny!! It's hard when they start calling you on things like this isn't it!! They are so pure ans innocent I wish they could stay like that forever!! She is such a cutie!! I am curious at what you said!! :) Teaching moments are always good especially when they come from your children!! :)

Paula said...

That was hillarious! What a girl.

Kerri said...

Oh, that was weird! I knew I hadn't commented on you blog, but there was my comment. (I don't know any other Kerri's that spell their name the same as me). I just love that my kids get to be kids along with your kids. They're such pure, good, happy kids. I adore you girls.

Ashton & Co. said...

What a cute story and darling picture.