Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The BEST Kids!




I came home from the store today & Brynn & Tori were surprising me by washing all the dishes in the sink. Brynn was washing & Tori was drying. “Mom would you like to watch something while we are cleaning...or just relax...or whatever you want to do, Mom. We want to take good care of you because you do lots of work for us all the time." Bless their hearts! They truly would not even let me come in the kitchen, they wanted to see me relaxing. So I laid down on the couch & picked up a book. I couldn't even concentrate on reading. All I could think of was how blessed I was & how darn cute this was that my girls were taking care of me. No one put them up to it, it was all their doing. The next morning I awoke to another spotless kitchen & an empty dishwasher. (Which I had forgotten to turn on that night, so the dishes weren't clean.) They had quietly & secretly gotten up & unloaded the dishwasher. I opened the cupboard & here were all of these bowls & cups put away so neatly, although a little dingy. Then I heard a little giggle from behind the couch, they were hiding so I said, “hmm, I must have some little elf helpers in this house because my kitchen is soooo clean! And someone even put away the dishes. I can’t believe it! Who could it be?" Giggle, giggle, "it was us mom!!!" I couldn't help but throw my arms around them & gather those little girls up. What a wonderful surprise; not as much the work that they had done, but rather the thoughtfulness of their hearts. I felt like, indeed, I have the best kids!

4 comments:

Marilou said...

they are so sweet! Thanks for your comment on my blog it got me all teary eyed! After church on Sunday Jared was telling me about helping in the Sunbeam class and he said that Tori was the sweetest little girl. Ali didn't want to sit on his lap any more when they got to class and he said Tori came over and looked up at him with her sweet eyes and said, "Can I sit on your lap?" He said she just sat and snuggled the rest of class. It melted his heart!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are such sweethearts! What thoughtful little cuties. They sure love their Mama!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You really are blessed with great daughter's!

Mandy said...

oh girl that is so stickin cute!! THey are so sweet to think of their momma like that!! It doesn't get better than that!! How proud can you be of that!?? A moment never to forget and to have written down for later recalling!! :)