Thursday, April 2, 2009

Olympic Bobsled training...

Oh what do YOU do in the spring time...when all the kids have cabin fever? It's April 2nd & we were teased last week with beautiful 60 degree weather. Today it is snowing/raining (in kids words "slushing") & windy & cold. There is not enough snow to go sledding anymore so the kids came up with this idea. It kept them busy & laughing.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Hilarious. Especially Jadie's little dance at the end! :) I remember doing that though. We'd get our sleeping bags or Heather's gymnastics mat and go swooshing down the stairs. Why do you think the front door has a dent in it? ;) Oops.

Marilou said...

Fun! Did they convince you to do it on the stairs that go up to the playroom? :)

Kerri said...

What a good time. I watched your video clip & thought about how lucky your girls are to have sisters. I just love my sisters!

Paula said...

What a good idea. We keep getting snow too, and I don't even want to get out the sleds anymore. I'm done with winter!

Wright's said...

Haha! That looks like fun! I remember us doing that at Grandma's with pillows and blankets!!!

Mandy said...

Girl this was soo cute! Jadie is so funny at the end with her little dance!! What a fun way to make the day better when it is yucky outside!!
I don't even want to show my boys this!! I know I will regret it!! :) They aren't as mellow as your sweet little girls! (They are boys) and I know we have many years ahead of what I would call CRAZY behavior!!

Tanis, said...

ha ha ha. What a fun idea. Seeing as we don't have stairs in our home, I think our kids are missing out!

Sheila said...

Hey Harley . How fun is it to find each other. I'm so glad you left a note on my blog. I'm adding you to mine so I can find you again.
I found my way back to your blog through your comment and it took me to a winter blog. So I left a strange comment. Now I see that you have lots since then... oh well. Glad to see you.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your writing so much. You and Justin are such great parents, it shows in your kids. Also I secretly covet your blogging skills. I am the worst!