Thursday, June 4, 2009

Puttin' the FUN in SUMMER






What a blast water is. It doesn't matter if it's playing in a puddle, the hose or sprinkler, or a big waterslide. It's all FUN.

Cantelope & cold grapes are a yummy snack.

Jadie saw a worm so she quickly grabbed the shovel. She turned around & it was gone. Here she said, "Hmmm, were da go?" She searched & searched & did find it. She kept saying, "oh dear, oh dear."

We heard Jadie rattling around in the garage & then she came out with this get up.


Hard working...money earned! These girls worked hard for these pretty little baskets for their bikes. They helped in the yard for 5 hours straight. They pulled every dandelion they saw, they planted flowers & dug up weeds. They worked their little tails off! When they got to pay their money in exchange for the baskets, they beamed! They carry around treasures they find on all their many bike rides. Bunnies & kitties get to ride in them. Dolly's go on trips. There is something about little girls & baskets on bikes.
Jadie filling up her "boat" (is what she called it)

Anyone thirsty besides me?










Yeah for SUMMER!


Splash!

And this is just one of the many things I love about summer. I love being in my yard, whether it is planting, pulling weeds, digging in the dirt, or simply playing. A friend shared this quote from Brigham Young. (thanks Paula!)

"Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations. In the mean time continually seek to adorn your minds with all the graces of the Spirit of Christ."

No wonder I love it so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! The big slide looks like such a blast! What cute hardworking girls to earn such darling baskets for their bikes! Water is the best play accessory! Your yard looks beautiful!

Wright's said...

GLAD TO SEE YOU GUYS ARE GETTING A TOUCH OF SUMMER! ALL WE ARE GETTING IS RAIN AND HIGHS AT ABOUT 75 IS ALL!!! I LOVE THE PICS OF JADY...SHE CRACKS ME UP! WE'LL HAVE TO COME VISIT THAT WAY SEEING AS I DON'T THINK WE ARE GETTING SUMMER THIS YEAR! :(

suzie said...

I want to come and play! Craig says I know Justin doesn't like to shoot but he better get a shotgun!

Mandy said...

Girl what fun!! Your pictures are great!! Kids are so cute and looks like you are having a blast!!

Just wanted to tell you thanks for inviting me to Time Out!!! It was just what I needed!! We have got to go again!! Love you!!

Lanette said...

I LOVE your pictures! Happy times! You're pretty great with those action shots! Oh, and Hil called and wants to hang out, maybe sing a duet...should I do it:)?

Ashton & Co. said...

So many cute pictures! Love all the things the girls say...too cute! We need to play as soon as the weather gets nice!