Sunday, June 14, 2009

Funnies

Happy Birthday Tori!




Blow hard!





"Mom, you don't know who we are -K-, you don't see our brown hair."



KID HUMOR


Brynn & Tori coming in from outside... "Mom, we are trying our best to catch a bug for Dad but it's just not working out. We sneak up on it with our tippy toes & then it just fly's away as soon as we get close to it. Why can they see us coming?"

Brynn & Tori like to ask a lot of questions these days, like "why do the clouds move?" Sometimes when the answers are obvious we say, "what do you think?" So we are driving in the car & question after question. Jadie then says "WHY, Mom?" Tori: "Jadie, what do you think?" Jadie: "Ummmm..." (I would give anything to have understood the rest. It was adorable.)

We have been planting flowers & plants lately & the girls have been a great help. They really enjoy it. One night during scripture time Justin was explaining how to feed our faith. Justin: "What does a plant need in order to grow?" Brynn: "Water & peat moss."

At night as I am tucking the kids into bed we like to "talk". Sometimes we like to say things that we KNOW. Like, "I KNOWthat Heavenly Father & Jesus loves everyone. Even people we don't know." (Tori) The other night I was telling Tori one thing that I KNOW. She lovingly looked at me as I was telling her, listening very intently. When I finished I was a little teary-eyed & she jumped up & wrapped her little arms around me & said, "Oh, Mommy I love you."

Brynn: making cheese crisps, "Dad, can I try scratching the cheese?"
When we ask the kids to do something or tell them they can't do something & the response is whining & pouting we say, "K, let's try that again." & then restate what we just said...for a better response. This works pretty well. One day, Tori asked: "Mom, can I have a cookie?" Mom: "After lunch & a nap, then you can have a cookie." Tori: "No, Mom, K... let's try that again. Mom, can I have a cookie please?" Mom: trying hard not to laugh..."after your nap you can." Tori: "Mom, you're supposed to try that again & say yes, remember?"
Popcorn's a poppin'

8 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

That's great - especially the "water and peat moss" :) Your girls are too cute!

Paula said...

I love the cute stuff kids say. And I LOVE your yard. Is that really your "yard" down in the summer stuff? It is huge. Your kids must love it so much! I love summer too!

~Our Family~ said...

HAHA So CUTE!! They have to got to be the sweetiest little girls!! I love sayings you post on here about them!

Kerri said...

Harley, I love love love you and your girls. I feel so lucky to be in the Primary with you. You make my life better.

Marilou said...

They are just too cute!

Wright's said...

Those are so funny! Ya we are coming to the reunion! I take it you guys are too?! Can't wait to see everybody!!! Love you guys!

Wilsons said...

I LOVE them! YOur kids are even funnier than mine!!! Hee hee!! Keep writing more funny things!

Lanette said...

TENDER! Those are such great stories...especially the "I KNOW" segment:). Tori's little close-your-eyes-to-blow-out-candles is soooo cute!