Friday, May 15, 2009

Dreams Come True

For a year now the girls have dreamed of going to Disneyland. They got the idea from watching TV or movies of course. The castle is shown at the beginning of every Walt Disney movie. One day they asked me if that was Cinderella’s castle & then asked me where it was, because they were going to go visit her! I told them she lived at Disneyland. That is where the dream started. They have been saving hard earned money to go someday. They have mastered their chores over this past year. A few months ago I went downstairs to see what they were up to & they had all their clothes categorized & laid out perfectly for “someday” when they get to go to Disneyland. We surprised them April 1st with a Disney countdown calendar. They were ecstatic! We let them pick out their own new suitcases for our trip. The moment we got them, they had them packed. I think I had more anxiety than they did! We could hardly wait. Every day they were on the internet watching Disneyland trailers. They knew what to expect & they expected everything they saw in those videos.
We flew from SLC. This was their first flying experience. Once we were in the air, Brynn looked out the window & said, “We are on the EARTH!” As she saw all the squares & circles & the Great Salt Lake. Tori said, “Dad look at all of those tiny little cars….are there tiny little people in those cars?” We arrived to sunny HOT California. 101 degrees. We were glad to get to the hotel & jump in the pool. The next day we entered into the world of magic. The kids just looked around & said, “Wow”, especially when they saw the castle. Their favorite rides were Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World (who doesn’t love it?), the Matter horn, Alice in Wonderland, Space Mountain, & Soaring over California. They loved Mickey & Minnie’s houses. They kept saying how cute Minnie’s house was & they wished they could have a little house like that someday! (Mostly because it was all polka dots & pink) It was adorable I have to admit. Every little girls dream. They also loved seeing Tinkerbell & her fairy friends at Pixie Hollow. At the end of the first day, some little fairy left a surprise in our room. They left a beautiful Cinderella dress for Brynn & a stunning Belle gown for Tori. There we found an invitation from Ariel to a princess breakfast the next morning held at her under the sea palace. The girls could hardly sleep! The next morning the “princesses” were dressed & ready for breakfast. Everyone commented on these beautiful princesses & their faces absolutley beamed. They really felt like princesses! They told everyone all about how they got the dresses & that they were eating breakfast with Ariel & the others. We got to the breakfast early so we were able to be seated at the very front where all the princesses would come out. Oh, it was worth every moment. It was the most magical event ever! First the Grand Duke announced Snow White. That was exciting! Then it was Sleeping Beauty & that was even more exciting! They came around to each table & we got their autographs in our special picture & autograph book. Then Cinderella was announced & the little girls gasped & cheered. She was beautiful! All the little girls in that room were in awe. Brynn’s eyes were a little teary eyed. She came over to us & Brynn hugged her & said, “Cinderella, you’re my favorite!” I just about cried because it was so adorable! Next came the gorgeous princess Belle, who is Tori’s favorite. She said, “I knew it! I knew it would be you next!” As she hugged her & told her how much she loved her. As they went to take their pictures, Belle kneeled down & her gown poofed way out. The girls kneeled down just like she did in a very princess kind of way & they made sure their dresses were all poofed out too. Then they posed for a picture. At that moment I said to myself, “THIS was worth every penny.” Just to see Brynn & Tori in such amazement & like their dreams truly came true. Later that night was the Street Party Parade. Again, we were in the perfect spot. We were right where they stopped & did their performances. Some of the dancers came over & got Brynn & Tori & had them go out & dance with them. WOW! That is all they could say was “WOW, Mom!” This was the funnest street party ever! When they saw Mary Poppins Brynn said, “Look Mom, she really is real!” They love Mary Poppins. They were in total amazement. The happiest place on earth is Disneyland!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very fun! We were wondering where you were! The girls are so darn cute with there excited faces! I can't wait until we can do that with our girls too! I love the picture of them cuddling - so cute!

Kerri said...

Disneyland IS the happiest place on earth. I think saving, planning, and anticipating make it even better. You make me want to go.

Paula said...

Way to go...you just made me want to go there so much! (and I don't think we will...) I could really feel how excited you and your girls were to be there from your pictures and description. What an awesome experience!

Emily said...

That is cutest thing that I've read in a long time! That has got to be one of the most fun things as a parent -- to see your kids get so excited!
Your pictures are so cute. What a great experience!

The Small Blog said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time. Brynn & Tori are soooo cute!! What a neat experience for them!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're girls had such a wonderful time in Disney. What a perfect age to take them. It is very magical!! A great Hoopes Adventure. D