Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School Days Begin

Tori was very excited to start Pre-school in the "big" class. They actually get to learn things instead of just play. She wants to have homework & books & learn to read & all of that. Although they still do alot of playing at Pre-school, she enjoys the fact that she "goes to school." She had to wait for an extra two weeks after Brynn started & when the day finally arrived, that first day of school excitement was back in the air that morning. I love how her smile shows that!


Brynn started Kindergarten. I'm not sure who had the least amount of sleep the night before the first day of school, Brynn or me. I was so excited for her. When I did fall asleep I kept dreaming that I would forget that she has school each day & I would wake up in a panic. She looked so cute. I volunteer in her classroom for an hour each Monday & it is so much fun to see her in that setting. I love that she loves to learn. She has a wonderful teacher. I am amazed to watch & listen to her. She is very soft spoken & very positive. The children respond well to that environment. There is such a good feeling there. I am grateful to teachers like that.

A very excited girl!

" It was great, I think I'll go back tomorrow. "

Jadie got ready for school that day too. She went & got ready with her backpack & a hat. Then came around to tell all of us, "Bye guys, goin' a school..." hugs & kisses just like we did to Brynn & Tori when they left. She REALLY wants to ride the bus. For the first few weeks of school she would cry every morning when Brynn left because she wanted to go too. Her favorite thing in the morning is to watch out the front window for the bus. She is our bus watcher!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I can't believe that Brynn is already in Kindergarten!
So cute though.
I love that Jadie is the "official" bus-watcher. Neal got that appointment too -- and I think it lasted through High School!

Wright's said...

That is so awesome! Treysen wants to ride the bus really bad too because Aunt Lexi does. :) I started taking him to daycare a few days a week for a few hours and he calls it school because he wants to go to school so bad!!!

suzie said...

I love the girls outfits!