We have had a wonderful summer & done so many things, simply enjoying every bit of it. We spent HOURS playing on the waterslide, got 4 camping trips in, even camping in our own backyard! Several days a week we took bike rides down to the nature park to feed the ducks, chased water snakes & packed picnic lunches. Floating the Teton river with Grandpa Hoopes was great along with hiking to Pack Saddle Lake & swinging out over the lake on the rope swing. When asking the kids what their favorite things they did this summer, it was those two things on the top list & then it never fails but ends with ..."oh & getting snowcones!" We had a great time with Aunts, Uncles, & cousins at Bear World. The bears really put on a show that day. Even more fun times were traveling, as we made trips to Utah throughout the summer, spending time with friends & family. We spent the 24th of July celebrations with family in Spanish Fork, UT. It was a PAR-TAY! A carnival, parade, rodeo, fireworks, & lots of playing with some super fun cousins. We had fun playing time with family members from Texas & had picnics & birthdays parties together. 4 wheeler rides are one of the kids' FAVORITE things to do. We took some fun rides together with my family. It's always great to go to Grandma's house & making Hollyhock dolls is an anual summertime event when all the Hollyhocks are blooming. If you have never done this, you are missing out! (especially if you are a little girl) My grandma showed us how to do this when I was little & I have such fun memories. Now my girls get to have this memory with their grandma. What a great summer with almost perfect weather; ending each day with a beautiful sunset.
Bear world was fun. These bears were ready for treats! The rides are my kids favorite. Even though they are pretty tame, they still love it. Here they are cracking up with their cousin Kaitlyn.


They hollyhock dolls we made. Aren't they beautiful? We made some of them with parasols & double decker dresses. The girls had a blast. We sat on the lawn & made them together with cousins for over 2 hours.

Brynn is laughing so hard & saying, "Mom! They won't stop following me!"

Jadie: "Right der! Eat it!"

Tori learned how to hold the bread up high or else they would come & snatch it right out of her hand.
8 comments:
Girl it sounds like you had a wonderful summer with your girls!! You are such a great mother and I bet they will always remember the hollyhock dolls!! That is so fun!! Love all the pictures!! We were so glad you came to visit us this summer also!! We had a lot of fun!! Austin still talks about your girls!! I am glad he knows there is a difference!!:) Hope to see you again soon!! Love you!
those dolls are adorable! And that swing is crazy high! So happy to see and hear about your fun summer and sweet family :)
The swing looks FUN!! You're girls are brave!!
Fun, fun, fun! I can't wait to see you all soon! (I know I keep writing that, but it's true! I really can't wait!)
That pudding cake looks yummy...I might need the recipe!
I am so glad you had such a fun summer. It sounds kid of like you need a vacation now!HAHA We will make a drive soon on Sunday to come see you.
What a fun summer! You will need to teach Ali and I how to make those hollyhock dolls-so cute!
Hey you! You had such a fun summer it looks like. I haven't had a minute to spare to update my blog and now I'm so far behind I may never do it again! I love summer. That swing was quite amazing - brave kids!
I LOVE those hollyhock dolls. I would love for you to teach me how to make them...what a great tradition. Sounds and looks like a great summer. It went by to fast though...Your girls are too darling.
Post a Comment